12.28.2006

The world it moves so fast today...

and we move just as quickly, don't we?

Life is so precious, but as a busy culture, it's like we refuse to acknowledge that fact. I feel like I'm learning so much now--about life and love...hopefully I don't get caught up in the quickness again. It's so easy to do that.

I found out that I friend of my friend committed suicide yesterday. He hung himself. I didn't know him personally...

but can you imagine? Knowing someone that has committed suicide? Maybe you do already. That would rip me apart.

I'm so thankful that I got to spend another day with my father today. Each moment is soooooo special with him. Especially when your father is as funny/charismatic/wondeful as mine.

I'm pretty lucky, to have been given a new light to see life with. Pretty lucky, to still have moments with my father. I'm pretty lucky, indeed.

7 comments:

  1. You know, you're right Ashley. There really is a lot of things for us to be thankful for if we would just slow down and take it all it.

    Nice post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my little sister's bestgood friend hung herself. seems wrong to talk about something so morbid and absolute so flippantly, but there is nothing more depressing, angering and confusing than the aftermath of a suicide.

    ALSO: they're getting an In-n-Out burger in El Centro. which means I wno't have to drive for an hour and a fucking half to the coast to get some anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, waitasecond. I just realized you don't have a link to my blog anymore.
    ...
    BLOGSPOT SNUB. IT'S ON.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey mcmullan, I don't have a link to ANYONE's blog...fool! I've been too lazy to change it...

    oh, boys and their competition.

    Thomas, my dad is doing quite well...he's always been strong :)

    ReplyDelete