3.22.2018

33, but not old yet

It cracks me up how our 30s are this weird zone in where somehow we're considered both young and old.

We're supposedly more mature than our 20s, but that doesn't mean we have it all together. Yeah, I bought myself a pretty rug and nicer dresser than the Swedish kind I used to buy, but I still have intense wanderlusty ways and think about catching a one way flight to Europe often.

I'll never really change or grow up in the way society wants me to, and I'm more at peace with that.

Incessant brainwashing since we were babies telling us where we should be at what stage still makes me feel behind sometimes--it's hard to shake. I have to remind myself that gypsies can't really be told what to do, which is what I am.

I'm not trying to be the rebel. I do a lot of things that helps me fit into society: I like gel manicures, I still listen to Justin Timberlake, and I certainly watch This is Us.

But I also adamantly stand by our right and freedom to declare our own path, without any interference from other people.

So maybe I will be that weird 30-something who wants to foolishly travel the world and live in different time zones. So then I'll be weird and foolish. But also content with my own choices.


***
P.S. I haven't posted here in AWHILE but that felt good, must not forget that writing is my cure to all that ails me. 

P.P.S. I turned 33 on 3/3, how do you like them apples?

Hi again,
Blog World!


1 comment:

  1. Well then there's always that older than 33 type person who still spends way too much time in record shops spending way too much on the stuff that might be considered less grown up. :P

    ReplyDelete