4.17.2009

That's The Way Love Goes

Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire...

Some stories I've been hearing this week have gotten me weary on the idea of love: betrayal, backstabbing, carelessness, unrequited love...

All stories that equate to heartache. And through all of it, is anyone looking for true love anymore?

I'll let you in on one of those stories: My friend Beth broke up with her boyfriend just this week. So she went on a date about a day later (yes, first mistake). She thought she had a fabulous time with the guy, only to find out a day later that her roommate/friend had secretly been talking to him/ready to snatch him and took the guy away. Very shady. They both screwed Beth over, basically. Of course, the guy is texting her now, asking "Hey, why don't you want to go on a date with me anymore?"

What is the point of it all? Insecurity plays a role. But is anyone honest anymore? Do people even care about love anymore, or is it more about getting attention?

*breathe*

Now, I'm not so jaded. Remember, I told you guys I was healed of past heartache, and I do believe in a thing called love, to quote the Darkness. But I wonder sometimes...what is wrong with the world?!?

Maybe if people stopped acting like idiots, they would realize that there is so much more to live for. So much.

If I believe in a God, I have to believe there is a genuine love out there...

4 comments:

  1. ACK! I am soo glad you posted this Ash! We had some girls that were just ridiculous at my house last night. They are sweet, young attractive women acting ridiculous around men who just don't care. They claim and I quote "we are slutty" but then when it came down to them fooling around these girls continued to quote the Bible. I don't understand people. Decide what you stand for and what you don't and stick to it. I can't stand hypocrites, backstabbers, two-faced nastiness. Grow up people, there is more to life than men, and drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can be douchebags sometimes. I've been dumped, cheated on, and backstabbed more times than I can shake a stick at, and yet some reason I still keep coming back. I do believe in love, and while I don't know that I've found it yet, or will find it any time soon, that won't stop me from looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree... But your answer's in the last line... Humans are messed up. Even the best ones are all broken and we break each other in consequence.

    You have God's love. That's as perfect as it gets.

    ReplyDelete