2.24.2011

Onward, I Go Forth

These days, there's so much going on in my mind that it's hard to unload it all...I've got to sort through all the clutter.

I will say this: I stumbled upon an old high school friend's facebook page today. It was a friend who passed away a few years ago from an undetected heart defect. He was in his early 20s when he died.

It reminded me, most ardently, that I need not be afraid to live my life...this little life that has been so graciously given to me.

I often forfeit to the slithering whispers of fear; yet, what has fear succeeded in anyway? And how will I ever succeed if I succumb to fear? Dread's deceitful tongue will no longer aid in the demise of my dreams.
Now onward, I will trudge forward in the hopes for a vibrant life full of stolen chances and realized fantasies. In the pursuit of happiness, I refuse to expire as a coward; rather, I hope to be classified as a warrior-of-sorts. I'm not mighty, and I'm not too brave, but somewhere deep down lies a fighter's spirit.

And so, I go forth.

3 comments:

  1. Go forth, Ashley!

    It's always important to get these reminders to live in the moment, though I have to say that sometimes I feel I'm wasting time these days. I guess we can't be having adventures 24/7.

    When is the Turkey deadline again? ; O

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always manage to find the perfect words everybody needs to read, and I think this is one of my favourite posts from you <3

    ReplyDelete