6.12.2011

Muy Mal

My co-worker's conversation on the phone with a prospective student (brace yourself):

Student: Hello?
Co-worker: Hi, is this Sandra?
Student: Yes. Who is this?
Co-worker: This is D with ______ University.
Student: Oh, do you speak Spanish?
Co-worker: Um, no.
Student: Oh, I only speak Spanish.
Co-worker: Uh, ok. Bye.

The student didn't have an accent and CLEARLY spoke English. Of course we expected interesting responses to these phone calls, because they were people who wrote their number down simply to get free food and be in a raffle (a promotion that we held). This call, by far, was the most ridiculous.

Gotta love it.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha what the heck? people are so weird. and what kind of college student hangs up when there's free food involved?! must have been a freshman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I've kind of done that before. At least, I've pretended to marketing and charity people not to speak English. But generally I do pretend in another language. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say this made me smile. I enjoy the ones who answer their phone and then say oh sorry, wrong number. Of course, this was after saying, yes, this is (insert name here).

    Meh. So it goes. Find the entertainment where you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I like this prospective student.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAL in your title means "product" in Turkish but in Turkish slang it means extremely stupid person. So it is also an appropriate title in Turkish for your post :)

    ReplyDelete