3.26.2020

And we will not take it for granted.

A couple months into my new UK life and the world is losing it's shit. But maybe, just maybe, we needed to lose it?

By now, you will have now heard about the Virus that Shall Not Be Named (because I am sooooo sick of hearing its name). Before said virus, I was already practicing gratitude throughout the week. However, I have NEVER been more aware than than right now about how fucking good we had it, and how much I was still taking that for granted.

I wildly miss the feeling and freedom of venturing out into the day, meeting new faces, having a pint in a crowded and happy pub, concerts, get togethers filled with wine and cheese, and just the SHEER beauty of everyday life. I miss it SO FUCKING MUCH I want to sob over how great we had it and how much we overlooked the beauty of it all.

When it returns (and it will return), will we take it for granted again?

Don't let this lesson slip you by. As much as I hate this, this is a return to noticing the beauty of life smacking us in the face on the daily, yelling "Notice me! You are constantly surrounded by so much loveliness!" I see you, beautiful world. Even in the darkest of night, I hold onto the hope that we will hug again, we will gather again, we will venture again, and we will not take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment