3.29.2005

I will not live a life unlived

I'm sure some of you have heard that Johnny Cochran died today. And at 67. What's weird about that to me is that my mom is almost 65 (I won't make you do any math, she was 44 when she had me).

I've always been a little sad to have an older mother. Not because we can't "relate." That's just a fallacy; the fact that my mom had another kid so old keeps her younger in many ways. If any of you were to talk or see my mom, you wouldn't think she's older than 50...and most people don't. She gets carded everytime she tries to get one of those senior citizen deals, they think she's a lyin' cheat...haha.

What I've always been sad about is the fact that she will die eariler in my life than what is normal.

I know that we never know when we or our parents will die. Sadly, many kids I've known in highschool have already lost one, or both. But, in normal terms, ruling out car accidents or freak diseases, my mom will go first before everyone else's. It makes me sad, of course.

That's not to say that my mom can't live till 90. And it very well may be that she will; she has an evernescant spirit that is very much alive. I guess, there's no reason for me to worry. I just can't help it sometimes. Worrying is probably one of my greatest downfalls.

Anyway, people die everyday. That's just a fact we have to deal with. Which makes me realize that I don't want to settle for a job I don't want or a life I didn't work hard for...I'm not going to settle for mediocre before I die. I will at least attempt to land my dream job so that there's no regrets.

That's really all that me, or my mom, could ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment