4.07.2005

What the inexperienced one has to say about LOVE

I saw Fever Pitch last night and LOVED it. Jimmy Fallon can be my husband, I've decided. He just doesn't realize it yet.

I've come to a realization in my head, after reading a part of Pride and Prejudice and discussing it with Michelle. It's the part where Darcy looks at Elizabeth from across the room and can't take his eyes off of her. Not because of beauty or any other superficial component, but because he's attracted to her personality.

I want that. It's nice to hear someone tell you that you're cute. I won't lie, it's really nice. But I would much rather hear that I'm funny or smart or endearing or any of those things having to do with my personality. The simple fact that looks fade leads me to want something more out of a relationship than sexual/physical attraction. I want to benefit from a person's personality and what they have to say about the world and how they'll enrich my soul. And hopefully I'll enrich theirs in return.

Is that so hopelessly romantic? Is that too much too ask? This is coming from the girl who has NEVER had a serious relationship. It's kind of like, who am I kidding? Will I ever have the guts to settle down or trust a person so very much to offer them my heart?

Wow, this may be a little too deep for me to ponder at 11:00 in the morning. I'll just end this post with Fever Pitch and Jimmy Fallon. I'll end it with the hopes of a relationship that I saw in that movie. I wonder what it would be like to have someone love you that much? I guess for awhile I won't know. We'll see.

1 comment: