5.26.2005

Write My Way to an A (Hopefully)

Man, I just went to the coolest class ever. I haven't been this excited about a class since Women's Studies freshman year. Today reminded me why I like to write, and that it really has a way of exciting me that is all it's own.

Our cool prof, who also teaches at USD, likes to be called Mr. G (which reminded me of the Eddie Murphy movie "G") and professed his love for Star Wars in class. That's bad ass! And get this, he went to Brown University and had his first internship at the Washington Post. What the heck? This guy is teaching at San Diego State? I won't question it...I suppose we get some really unexpected teachers here because San Diego is such a great city and everyone wants to live here. Yeah, we are a party school. But we work just as hard as we party (hey, Econ kicked my ass, I KNOW it was hard).

As Mr. G was reading the syllabus, I actually got excited over the upcoming assignments. It's been awhile since I felt this way about a class. I mean, I spent 3 hours and 40 minutes in this class and it flew by like it was only a half an hour. Needless to say, I'm excited about such an exciting class.

And Hallelujah! I get to write! It's like telling a singer they get to sing for their assignments. This will be fun.

2 comments:

  1. J Unit....all these refrences to "BAD ASS" would it be a shorter phrase for a BAD ASS MOFO!!!! hehehehe...miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yes yes, jenna...you are correct about that. now I wonder who taught me that phrase?

    ReplyDelete