5.25.2005

The World is a Magic 8 Ball

A not-so-exact quote from Kingdom of Heaven, which I saw tonight:

"Where will we end up? (the girl asks, and beautiful Orlando answers) The world will decide. The world always does decide."

That's a good answer to a question I often ask myself. Where will I end up? Will I be rich? Will I be happy? Will I be homeless? Will I make a difference? Will I be selfish? Will I be selfless?

The world will decide, I guess.

Did you know: Barbara Walters is 75. I didn't quite know her age. But she's pretty high on the age scale. Not everyone likes her, I'm sure. Her voice is pretty annoying. But I respect her for what she's done in her life. Think of all the souls she's interviewed. From the good to bad (remember Fidel Castro?), I have to respect her inquisitive nature and contribution to the world of journalism. It's pretty cool, to say the least. Especially because she made it in a time when women were not supposed to be on top or in the spotlight (in a man's job).

I want a life like that. Not famous, but fufilling. I'm guessing that she's fufilled, of course.

And I want love. Maybe love equals a fufilled life. Or so they say.

It's a weird place to be young. To have all the world before you and all the opportunity brushing your finger tips, but all the fears and disasterous thoughts that go along with being in such a position. It's scary. I know I need to take a step foward, but which way do I go? And will it be the right way? This kind of questioning can drive a person mad and be exciting at the same time.

It's almost like going into battle. Am I prepared? Is my shield big enough and are my weapons better than the person battling me?

I guess the answer won't be found until I actually go into battle. What is there to learn hiding behind the brick wall? Eventually that wall will be breached by the enemy, so fighting is in order.

The world will decide. The world always does decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment