6.13.2005

Yeah, I have to talk about Jacko...

Of course I have to post about Michael Jackson. Have I even payed attention to the case this whole time? Nah, of course not. But when we were sitting in class (with computers) and some kid announced in the middle of a lecture that the jury reached a verdict, we had to turn on the T.V. to hear it go down. And it went down.

But first we had to wait for like 30 minutes while Jacko drove to the courthouse. The guy on the T.V. said, "it's a long way from Neverland to the courthouse." What a great quote, on so many levels.

When they read the Not Guilty verdict, I wasn't surprised. And for those that disagreed with that verdict, you can't say anything unless you're on the jury!!!! Since I've had the experience of being on a jury, I've gotten to see how flippin' precise the whole process is. You see every detail. In many ways, lawyers are like journalists--they get all the angles of the story and must make the best argument possible. So, my point is, that jury knows more about the case than we could ever fathom. They know every nook and crevice you could dig into.

Yeah, Michael Jackson is really weird. And I wish he could just be that cute little kid in the Jackson 5 again. And all the Jacksons have the same nose job (maybe they got a discount family deal?). Yeah, they're all weirder than weird. But that's not evidence enough to convict someone. You have to hear all the evidence and be on that jury, then you can decide.

Oh, and dude, check out this site. Apparently Jacko had it created so people could follow the case. It's a "bit" over-dramatized in the beginning, but what can ya do? It's Michael Jackson for pete's sake. The cool part of the website is the button that lets you play old Michael songs...of course I was rockin' to Billie Jean! Heck Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,

    Yes, I'm willing to give the jury credit. They sat throught that case for four months, so they know the evidence better than any of us do. I feel sorry for Michael Jackson because I do believe he has ... um ... issues. And I believe those ... issues ... have a lot to do with the strange way he grew up. He needs help. Serious help, and I just don't think he'll ever get it.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I like how you put that he has "issues." Well said.

    This is a sad situation all around.

    ReplyDelete