7.05.2005

All my affections go to Journalism

I realized today that I am really gonna miss my journalism class. I mean, I complain about assignments and working on articles--but really, it's fun. And so much better than being in a Calc or Chemistry class, God forbid.

And my teacher is super insightful and knowledgable. I mean, the guy worked for the Washington Post and the Union Tribune--that counts for something, no doubt. He is a fantabulous teacher, and I will really miss him.

Just writing this is making me sad. I have TWO more days. That is.... i n s a n e! As I wrap up my final project, and make my way over to pure laziness, otherwise known as summer, I tear up a little knowing how much fun this class was.

I know that I teeter-tot around with the idea of being a journalist. I'm still not super sure...can i ever be sure at this age? However, this class has made me realize that I love to write, that I am worthy of being a journalist and that I just might be someday...we'll see.

Thanks Mr. G for making me feel like I can write to my heart's desire. And thank you for telling me it's worth something (at least worth an A, wink wink--as if he reads this).

I CANNOT believe I will be a Junior in college...CRAZINESS!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I do and I don't. I see the good and the bad in it. I guess I really need to intern to figure it out.

    I don't think I have an exact favorite journalist...I just like those who speak their minds and are fair. I like journalists who do profile pieces on people and places...they aren't well known journalists, but they are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't...but I'm up for new experiences and new things to read. Maybe I'll go and buy it one day.

    Geez Thomas! Making me spend money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I was just kidding about the money...really now, I'll check it out in the store

    ReplyDelete