7.02.2005

do I like them gay or straight? hmm...

I had a talk with a guy named Julius at my work today (I call him "Orange Julius," hehe) about how many guy friends I have. I have 2 really good ones, basically.

Then I thought some more, and realized that they're both gay (as in homosexual, just to make that clear). Not that I haven't noticed it before, haha, but it hit me that none of my good guy friends are straight. I have some guy aquantinces that are straight...but I don't hang out with them.

That's when I told Julius that I think I'm just more myself around gay guys. Like there's no reason for them to really judge me, or no reason for me to impress them, because there's no way they're ever gonna hit on me. If that makes sense.

Straight guys that I become really good friends with, well...I end up dating.

So I wonder if this is just a problem of mine, or would you even consider it a problem? A person is a person, no matter the sexual orientation. Maybe I like the fact that a lot of gay guys I know don't care about acting a bit more feminine.

What's funny is, Julius is straight, and I'm pretty comfortable around him. He's not like the normal staright guy though.

Here I go stereotyping! I need to stop this post...it's going nowhere. Just thought I'd do some inner reflecting.

*****************
on a different note...I love the weather in san diego tonight. The sky is strikingly clear and I could count all the stars twice over if I wanted--and make little designs with them, or just spell my name in their dust so I can shine brightly next to the moon. That would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment