7.20.2005

You may say I'm a dreamer...

I will really never give into having a mediocre job, as to avoid stupid customers who think they know everything and repetiveness. It is my incentive to reach further.

A couple days ago, I was having a talk with a girl named Nikki at my work. Nikki's cool, I've always liked her spunk and her don't-mess-with-me-attitude. Haha, people assume that she's mean, but she's really just a big softie. Anyway, we were having a convo about future jobs. Went something like this:

me: You know, I wouldn't mind working an 8-hour shift if I loved my job.
Nikki (rolling her eyes at me and giving me a look): Ashley, seriously. Who loves their job?
me: A lot of people. I will.
Nikki (in a highly sarcastic tone): Yeah, OKAY Ashley.

I reiterated this to my dad this morning. Yeah, I've always been a bit of a dreamer. But I don't care. My dreams can become reality through at least trying. My dad was happy to hear it, even if Nikki wasn't.

I know I can be naive. I'm a realist about somethings, sure. But, if we let cynicism and realism take over every dream, we would have nothing unique, now would we? There would be nothing of inventions or singing careers or good ideas in general.

I'd rather be naive and a "dreamer" than never attempt.

Alright, alright, I let out my thoughts for today. Oh yeah, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good (damn that cute little kid!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm a cashier (thank god not forever).

    Nah, the old movie was better. Gene Wilder made for a better Willy Wonka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you trying to be my therapist, thomas?

    haha...I guess I'm usually the one to ask all the questions.

    I'm naive because I think I can find the good in everyone. I'm naive because I dream a lot. But, I choose to be naive. I choose not to make sense of everything. That's just the way I am.

    ReplyDelete