9.29.2005

My Uncle Paul

How do I even lead into this? I can't really.

My uncle died tonight.

A long time ago I posted about how I was worried about him and his health. He had Hepititus C from using heroin from when he was in his 20's. He had completely turned his life around. He was my favorite, most hilarious uncle. He was 52.

I hate wiriting this post! I hate talking about my uncle in the past tense. But I need to right now.

I am most sad about my cousin...who is 20 like I am, and has just lost a father. I CANNOT fathom.

There's nothing I can really do tonight except hope my dad can fall asleep without crying (Uncle Paul was his little brother) and that my cousin hasn't lost all hope.

There's nothing else I can really say now...except, what was I complaining about earlier? It's all so trivial now.

American's work themselves all day long and forget the most important thing about every day: to cherish life.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your cousin and Dad take care. I am so sorry about your uncle. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete