10.13.2005

Turkish Eye is Watching you!

So that new picture in the corner? That's me with a Turkish Eye. I felt it would be appropriate seeing as I am turkish and the address for this place is called "little turkish girl." And that I am. And I love my heritage. Haven't you heard of the Ottoman Empire. We were KICK ASS. That's right.

The whole myth behind the eye, or superstition, is....if the eye breaks (it's glass) it will take a away a bad thing that will happen in your life. It's supposed to ward off evil spirits and such.

I've always loved Turkish culture, so I just wanted to share that with you. It's a little part of me (or actually, half of me). In case you're wondering, I do not look Turkish. Obviously I look white (which is a bit boring), but it'll do.

WOO HOO...Turkiye!

3 comments:

  1. so are you supposed to break it on purpose? like, save it for something worth breaking it for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. nice try matt, but it's supposed to break by accident.

    Hatleyman, you bet your black leather thigh-high boots that it's cool :)

    ReplyDelete