11.27.2005

I love breaks.



Above is a picture of me and my nephew. For some reason we're sitting on the sidewalk taking a picture. Eh, that's what we do in California. Lounge about on sidewalks. We're cool like that.

Have I told you all before that my nephews have cute little English accents? All weekend I was making fun of how they say "lobster" and "Harry Potter" (while secretly being jealous that I don't have an accent like that). Sadly, they will lose their English accents since they now live in Santa Barbara. Bummer.

Overall, this weekend was extraordinarily lazy. This morning I watched the Lion King and The Little Mermaid in one sitting. What a great life. I wish that I could be a professional lazy person. I would be great at it.

And I always tell myself that I'll catch up on homework. haha. Right. Walt Disney made sure I caught up on my homework.

Though watching movies about Disney Love is not very fun. Love isn't that perfect, but those damn disney movies sure brainwashed us into thinking it is!! The Prince in the Little Mermaid is supposed to give Ariel the kiss of true love in three days? Three days?

haha. Maybe I'm waaay too cynical about relationships right now. But Dude--I want the kiss of true love from somebody I've known for only three days. Exactly--it's ain't gonna happen.

On the note of love, or crushes...this guy named Bryant at my work has a crush on me (you can tell when someone does, you know it) and, seriously..... he reallllllllllly needs to stop touching my arm every 3 seconds and attacking me with hugs every five minutes. Just stop harrassing me!! Maybe I'm just being a mopey, anti-love, cynical girl. But I'm not here to entertain someone else's fancy. And he's 17...can you say "jail bait" and " You're definitely not mature enough for me" all in one sentence? I can.

On a good note, the semester is almost finished. And that's good, cause I'm definitely worn out. That's my cue to go to bed. Yay for sleep!

3 comments:

  1. In California people lounge out on the sidewalk...

    In Alabama, people lounge out on the toilet in front of their trailor...drunk...now beat that!!

    Thats a cute picture Ash. Don't be mean to the kid at work, that would probably break his heart. If it comes down to you having to do something, just make up a boyfriend (you listening Thomas?)...you know, tell him about the awesome guy that you have a date with and then tell him how great the date was and how your fantasy boyfriend is an amazing kisser. That should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still possible to meet someone and have them fall in love with you in three days...Disney taught me this important lesson.

    I love "Beauty and the Beast" -- you should have watched that one in your one sitting, too.

    I don't think you're cynical about love at all...you seem to have a hope that there will be something extraordinary in your future: it's just not happening at this particular point in your life. Patience.

    I think all any of us needs duirng the holidays is a sidewalk and camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. matthew--they are indeed from england. Those little limeys.

    gangster--that is good advice. I won't hurt the guy...but make up that I have a boyfriend? I really can't lie. haha, good idea though.

    Anthony--thanks for your advice, I like your positive outlook on life, it cheers me up everytime.

    ReplyDelete