2.15.2006

My Little Anniversary

One year ago today (February 15th, duh), I started this blog. Here is my first (really dorky) post:

just the beginning...

It seems these little online sites are popping up everywhere nowadays. hmmm...is it just a trend? Well, more like a high tech futuristic journal, no? Well, anyway, I decided to ride the wave and try it out myself. Why? Maybe cause I remember my creative writer teacher say that every writer needs "practice, practice, practice." Maybe it's because I get bored sometimes. Maybe it's because I've always been the girl to listen but never tell. I don't even know if I'll ever tell anyone I'm keeping this site, cause that would entitle me to let them into the innerworkings of ashley (or "ashley j" as many call me). But maybe I'll just be brave and let my feelings go...so here's the beginning. Who knows when we'll reach the end. Arrivederci, for now.

Yep. I've been in business for a year. What is the business, you ask? Self-help, of course. This has all been therapy for me.

As you can see, I'm still as dorky as I was a year ago. hahaha...somethings never change.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Ashley! I hope the second year is as fun as the first!

    Did you ever apply for the newspaper position??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't applied yet. When I feel like I have a sufficient amount of time I will.

    I guess I'm a little lazy about providing writing samples, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'll just be brave and let my feelings go...

    ..I think you have done such a thing. Self-help? That's why I do it. Not for an audience, obviously, but because it feels good.

    And admitting the truth? Always a good thing, even if others get over on you because of it. You were true to yourself. NEVER lie about who you are or what you are.

    --From Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. always the psychologist, anthony...but so am I. Hey, we've been over this before!

    And heather, always the psycho. kidding! I love your vocab, even when it is made up.

    ReplyDelete