2.14.2006

XOXO

Kisses and Hugs to all! Happy Valentine's Day!

Nah...I'm not sad that I don't have a boyfriend on Valentine's Day. The way I look at it...this is one of the few times that I will be single on the looooooooooove holiday. One day (I assume) I'll be married and spending EVERY Valentine's with someone.

So why be sad on a day like this?

I don't think it is a curse to be single like everyone thinks it is. It takes A LOT for me to consider someone as a potential boyfriend (yeah, I've always been picky), so I would never lower my standards in order to have a date on Valentine's.

ANYWAY...that's about all I have to rant on today. For me, Valentine's Day will be spent happily--with the knowledge that I have family and friends that love me dearly, and that I love them just as dearly.

"And you can tell everybody
this is your song...
it may be quite simple but
now that it's done...
I hope you don't mind!
I hope you don't mind!
That I put down in words...
how wonderful life is, now you're in the world..."

I always loved that song. And it is so appropriate today.

5 comments:

  1. Happy V-day, my little Turkey-turk-turk.

    I agree. No reason to be sad. If you are still all by yourself at 35 and living with 16 cats, then you should be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha. thanks hatleyman, happy v-day to you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, picky.

    And stay picky, by the way. No need for any losers in your life (I am not a judgemental person, it's just that I don't think you should go out with any scrubs).

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Well Ashley, your post just made me smile.

    I am almost 32, and had to spend this V-Day alone (as usual). Well, not entirely alone, but with my parents and 8 cats. :)

    I had been quite sad about it, thinking it was a curse... But I guess you are right.

    Thank you.
    (Smiles)

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad to make you smile, pradeep!

    ReplyDelete