3.15.2006

Why are women trying to become manequins? For Christ's sake, STOP IT!!!!!!

It's sad to see all the fighting we've done for women's rights slowly fade in the background, like it's nothing.

What is the image we want to portray, girls? That our whole identity is solely tied to how pretty we are? To how many heads we can turn with our toned asses?

I'd rather turn heads with my intellect.

I'm not saying that I'm not superficial. Because God knows I can be really freakin' superficial. But it doesn't mean that I can't see the regression that's been happening.

What's so strange with being pretty and smart? Or do those two entities just not mix?

How many more times do I have to see a girl pinch her side and call herself fat? My God! It starting to make me sick to my stomach because I see it so damn often.

Why do we think less of ourselves if we aren't the ideal? And who is the ideal anyway? Girls that society thinks look perfect have been airbrushed. And those ideal girls think they have flaws as well, and wish they could find "ideal beauty." What a horrible game we play everyday! What a horrible cycle that is...

Where does it all end, anyway??

I've ranted about this before...but it continuously pisses me off, cause I hear it EVERYDAY. EVERY freakin' day (I'm not exaggerating) I hear a girl say that she's not good enough. EVERYDAY. "I'm not skinny enough" or "I wish I could take away these freckles" or "My skin is broken out, and I don't want people to see."

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. If we constantly keep putting ourselves down, we'll forever be trapped, and it will be our own doing.

Really, I just want to live to see a woman president. Sadly, I don't know if I'll get to see that in my time. How we expect to come off as strong leaders, when we can't even see ourselves that way?

***********

What makes a woman beautiful to me???

That light within. A light that shines past superficial wishes, and shows the true brillance of a woman: her heart, her intellect, her soul. It is a light that cannot be powered by the shade of your lipstick, but rather the kind of person that you are.

Because I don't know about you, but I don't want my clothes, my make-up and my body to define who I am. I am beautiful despite those things.

Oh--and one last thing. Plastic surgery does not make you look younger...it makes you look like you've had plastic surgery. Plain and simple.

--this is the end of Ashley's rant--

7 comments:

  1. On the plus side, mannequins do wear clothes that perfectly match.
    However, mannequins are not as perfect as we think they are. Those perfectly matched clothes sometimes hide their frail, vulnerable egos, seeing as they have no personalities, since they have no intellect.

    Imagine how they must feel, anorexic till the day they are melted down to burping tupperware. They must imagine crying plastic tears right in our shopping malls whilst onlookers walk by and wish they were them.

    That is, they would imagine it if they had a brain, but that's just prejudiced thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was insightful and poetc, anthony. Not that I'm surprised at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a woman president...I wouldn't mind any president other than the one we have now!

    I think intellectual women are very sexy and to be quite honest dumb women turn me off big-time. But I must admit, an intellectual woman with a "toned ass" is the best of both worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if i worked at a mannequin factory, i'd make mannequins with cellulite dimples. it's time for some realism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. exactly k.larson! That's what I'm talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fo sho. The older I get, the more I realize how much smarter I want to be as opposed to how much thinner I want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hell yeah, Ashley #1!!!

    I've said it before, I wish I had appreciated everything more when I was younger. I spent so much time worrying about my weight, my clothes, my hair, my makeup, etc.. Ridiculous. I am so glad you are beyond that and not wasting your time.

    ReplyDelete