4.05.2006

Getting Caught Up in the Rush

I started out today kind of stressed. I was lost in my little world of index cards, running to class in the rain, watching every tick of the clock and reviewing loads of notes. It's easy, afterall, to get caught up in that.

But I was being consumed by it all, really.

Sometimes I get caught up in the rush of life...the standard "want to do well"--get A's, graduate, get a good job, feel important, etc.

But what am I working towards, really? And am I being the person I want to be?

I'm selfish sometimes. What did I even do for anyone else today, really? I did everything for myself today. That's a bit depressing. Cause really, I feel most fufilled when I do things for other people and make them feel good about themselves. That makes me happy.

I need to take a moment everyday to notice the gorgeous colors that paint the world around me. It's those colors that tell a story and sing a song...and it's quite peaceful to watch. Sometimes, I'm just so caught up in my busy-ness, that my world is only viewed in black and white.

Well--hand me a paintbrush. Cause I don't want to live a life only for me...I want to create beauty for others to see.

1 comment:

  1. You create an unselfish act by writing this weblog, Ashley; although this public forum process is self-motivated, you have people reading your life everyday while you paint them a visual with many honest colors.

    There is no black and white about you; you paint everyday for us.

    ReplyDelete