5.12.2006

"Hey! Look at that Red Herring!" Figures that argument would still work.

I am so SICK and TIRED of this whole "immigration debate." I love how this ALWAYS happens when conditions are poor in the United States. Every President seems to pull crap like this out at times like these. I can see Bush now:

"Let's seeeeee, we're at war, people are dying, my ratings are super low, gas prices are sky-rocketing and I won't fix that cause, ha, I have buddies in those oil industries that finance my campaign. Do they think I'm stupid? I'll just throw in a nice little distraction like I did last election with gay rights. To my fellow Americans: For God's sake! Don't think about war or the economy or gas prices, even though those issues are pressing right now. Think about immigration!!! That'll win us Republicans another election! Yiiiiiipeeee!"

Makes me sick. I'm not saying it's just Republicans that do this. It's politicians that do this. And we fall for it...look at the media, look at us. We've fallen for it.

And the war? Oh, well that's fallen into the background. Guess that's not so important anymore...

5 comments:

  1. ashley, i love you...but that is the most rediculous post i've ever read, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok ok, I see what you mean my conservative friend. And yeah, I made it sound like Bush was just planning this all along, when, haha, he's not THAT coniving. But my point of this post is that the whole "immigration" debate does not pose an imminent threat to America...so why are we talking about it now? And what happened to coverage of the war? It's partially the media's fault too, they're not doing their job!!!

    Ok I'm done...it just frustrates me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. But, I do have to disagree still...I think the "immigration" debate is a VERY important issue because it plays a HUGE role in the future of this country. This will probably make me sound very extremist, but...if something isn't done about immigration in the next few years it will cripple this country. Seriously. As far as the war, what coverage is lacking? Body counts, insurgent attacks, car bombings...is that what you want to hear more of...every day? just curious. I think people realize that stuff happens, so I'd like to hear about the important/critical things that don't happen everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ashley,
    This is Jeff. Your friend sucks - she figured out my password and locked me out of facebook. We need to talk, email me at hunt108@chapman.edu - she now controls my facebook and I can't read messages you seend me through there. And don't bother foward this, Jack is now reading it over my shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this may be a clue to how the media manipulates the masses:

    Angry/negative people can be bad for your brain

    Anger and resentment are thet most contagious of emotions," according to Stonsy. "If you are near a resentful or angry person, you are more prone to become resentful or angry yourself. If one driver engages in angry gestures and takes on the facial expressions of hostility, surrounding drivers will unconsciously imitate the behavior--resulting in an escalation of anger and resentment in all of the drivers. Added to this, the drivers are now more easily startled as a result of the outpouring of adrenaline accompanying their anger. The result is a temper tantrum that can easily escalate into road rage."

    ReplyDelete