6.15.2006

The Most Selfish of Societies

Have you heard that Paris Hilton is releasing an album? You can't hear me right now, but I'm laughing as I type this. Oh Sweet Jesus.

I don't like Paris Hilton, like most sensible people, for the sheer fact that she is completely worthless to society. Dude, even Britney Spears has helped out with charity. At least she has that. But Paris...what has she done? Well, she's bleached her hair multiple times, bought designer clothes to her shallow heart's desire, and, oh yeah, has made a sex tape. Let's not forget about that contribution.

I hate to sound so utterly mean about one person that I don't know. But it reality, this is how I feel about A LOT of celebrities.

What I'm realizing now (and what I didn't realize when I was 16) is that a lot of celebrities are the people in society that never grow up. As in, they need constant attention, and are completely selfish--Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, a few rappers...you could think of a few as well.

And it sort of disgusts me. You're in your 20's!!!!! And 30's!!! And 40's!!! But where is your sense? And where is your heart? Or do you only love yourself? Help society out for once and stop thinking about how well your $500 shoes match your $700 purse!!!

As I've continued to grow older, I've started to realize what is actually important in life--the people that surround you and how you contribute back to those people. There are very few celebrities now-a-days that realize this simple fact. So why do we idolize them again??

Tells you a lot about our society, huh?

1 comment:

  1. If there is a God he must have one hell of a sense of humor, because Paris Hilton is the biggest joke I've ever seen...she does have nice boobies though! :-)

    ReplyDelete