6.14.2006

The American Way

It feels good to just sit here in the still in the still of the morning, sipping my sugary coffee from my little blue cup. As much as I like sleeping in, I forgot how wonderful this silence is.

I appreciate silence when others find it awkward. Maybe I'm just awkward, haha.

Maybe I'm enjoying not working...I'm just sitting here and taking in the moment.

I've been dying a little at work, cause we've been busy and under-staffed all at the same time. Glorious. And you know the American way: work until you die, work all day...just prove that you're the best.

But once you prove that you're the "Best," what do you get? Pride doesn't make a happy life.

It just doesn't make sense: why do Americans work their lives away? It hurts my head everytime I think about it. Americans work a lot to have a better life...but when do we get to live if we're working all the time???

I know you've pondered this too.

Why are so many things in life ridiculous?

My silent morning is coming to end, now I'm off too work (sadface). Ohhhh, how I wish I could live in Europe!!

2 comments:

  1. Working in a community college can be rewarding...especially since I do nothing until a student shows up.

    Sitting around, doing nothing...now THAT should be the American Way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I miss hiding in broken freezers as a kid...no sound - no light - the lack of oxygen...good times. Peaceful times even.

    ReplyDelete