8.31.2006

An Epiphany of Sorts

I wish that I was just asexual sometimes.

I wish that I was completely nonchalant when it comes to the subject of guys.

It's weird when a secure person (such as myself) can suddenly become insecure when a certain person is around her. Shouldn't you be comfortable with a person you want to be with?

YES.

Then it's probably true that that person is not for me. So why do I keep denying that fact?

**By the way, don't worry. I'm not sad writing this post. I think I'm just coming to a final realization about Sweater Guy. And for the LOVE OF GOD...I need to just let him go...so we hang out, we're friends, all of that. But that, I believe, is the end.

My problem? I always forget that there are a GAZILLION other fish in the sea for me. I'm cute, I'm funny, I'm a good person. And the right guy will see that when the time is right.

As much as I resist, I always fall into the trap of rushing life...when honestly, I need to take more time to just enjoy my surroundings.

5 comments:

  1. We always want the one we're not supposed to have. You DO NOT want to be in a one-sided thing with anyone - you deserve better. If he can't see you and adore you and cherish you for all that you are in the same way as you cherish him... then he's not the one. And you deserve to be with the one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You shouldn't feel insecure when I post on your blog Ashley, but if you must feel that way its ok because I'm used to it....I make all the ladies feel that way.

    I don't know if thats a good or a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn. That's too bad; if he's not ready, too bad for him. You are darling, Ashley; so who's next, Scarf Guy? Or some other lucky guy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I told you not to trust guys who only wear sweaters! ... I did, didn't I?

    Now go back out there and do some fishing, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, ellen...yeah, I guess you warned me.

    ReplyDelete