12.21.2006

Sigh of Relief

I went to my dad's first cancer treatment today.

It wasn't as bad as I thought...it wasn't really anything like I thought.

You step into a room full of people with chairs and IVs in their veins, right? And you would think it would be kind of freaky, but it actually calms you down a little, cause you look around the room and realize, "hey! other people are going through this too."

My dad did wonderfully. No side effects. He's basically a champ.

I'm not gonna lie...I was scared out of my mind. Although a small percentage, they told us that 7/1000 people die with the very first injection. So of course, for the first hour you're on the edge of your seat wondering what could happen.

But things are calmer now for me. I know how this treatment stuff works now, and now, I just have to hope it does its magic on my dad's cancer. I believe it is quite possible.

5 comments:

  1. Hey J Unit!!!

    I am glad to hear that you are knowledgeable about the treatment. I too believe that the treatment can work because it has cured so many other people!! I keep you family in my hopes and prayers. Merry Christmas!!!

    Sincerely,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping for the best for your dad!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are saying prayers for your dad up here in Seattle, Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its good to see that your not as stressed as you were.

    I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas Ash!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! May lots of magic be yours for 2007!

    ReplyDelete