12.15.2006

All that I know...

So, I finished finals. Hooooooorayyyy! And I'm going to Rosarito this weekend with my parents (very random). I'm soooooooo relieved that I get a five-week break. I can't emphasize that ENOUGH.

I feel like I've lived a lot more this semester...should I put it that way? I feel like I have a broader exprience of life, to put it another way. My heart has been torn apart in every which way. But yet, it's still in tact. How is that possible? I guess I can call myself somewhat resilient now.

If there's one thing I've learned in the past few months, it's that life reallllllllly hurts. I understand real sadness now. Ohhhh man, do I. Because I'be felt that, I feel empowered. For once, I feel like I know real strength, through real sadness. If that makes sense.

***
Random things that happened today:
  • there was an armed robber on the loose in my parents neighborhood and a gazillion helicopters flying about looking for him. Kind of amusing/scary.
  • I was play-fighting with a girl at my work (I hang around too many boys) and she charged me and ended up hitting me in the nose with her face. I kid you not. I now have a fun little bruised bump on my nose. People will think I've been beaten...hehehe.

Life...is funny, sad, happy, draining, exciting....is it always such a rollercoaster? I guess I will see.

5 comments:

  1. I am doing better, Ashley. Thanks for asking. Hey, send me an email one of these days. I shifted over to gmail and lost all my email contact info. I am at thomas.terence@gmail.com now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many random events and not enough self-defining moments this year for me to find a place to stand solid. Thanks for the comment and for finding a way through Blogger Beta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley - you are truly a sweet girl and a positive person. Senind gyou many blessing this season - 2007 will be better - I promise.

    Thanks for asking about my new job - I'll be coodinating all the elements that finalize a DVD for domestic and foreign distribution - (subtitles, menus, audio, etc) - I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your dad's first day of treatment goes well Ashley! You and your dad are in my thoughts today!

    Love Roomie Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley,
    Hey, Sebastian here, from journalism class. Remember? I read your blog once in a while (I know, a little stalker-ish, but don't trip). I guess you're sort of like a soap opera. But thats not to trivialize your life events because I know you go through a lot at times. Your just a good writer and you know how to convey emotion. Well just wanted to say hi. I guess I'll see you around life. peace

    ReplyDelete