7.15.2007

Books, Planes and Extraordinary Things

I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia. Yeah, the entirety of the Chronicles. I had never read them before, not one, and when my friend Kendal learned this fact, proceeded to hand me a stack of books. I'm only on the first one--The Magician's Nephew--but I read 50 pages last night, because it's just that good.

I'm going on vacation on Tuesday with my parents. Seattle and Canada. I'm excited to go on a plane, because planes thrill me to the core, especially take-off.

It's funny to write this post after my oh-so-deathly-serious post last time. But I'm moving on from the past as best I can. I've got places to see and better things to do with my time than obsess over a boy. My heart desires the sky right now.

5 comments:

  1. Funny, the older you get, the times that you find stuff more exciting than guy trouble do increase. :) Speaking from experience here. I can only agree that the take-off is the most exciting part of a plane ride. Later, looking out of the windows, seeing the clouds and the ground beneath, all the heartache seems to be so far away and so unimportant. Amazes me every time.... Talk about fully realizing the present moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, really, like your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ellen... and as time passes you'll wonder why you even took your valuable time to blog about all those silly boys! :) I've thrown away volumes of journals myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss reading those books. They were a great source of childhood inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should call me when you are in Seattle, Ash.

    ReplyDelete