10.25.2007

And The World, It Keeps On Spinning...

It's been a little smokey in San Diego recently (my friends and I have been joking "Look! We're in L.A.!)...but my parents' house is still standing. I know that we're lucky cause we were in the direct path of the fire. But even if my house had burnt to the ground, I would have moved on. In the end, a house is just a posession. Although we claim that it holds memories, our hearts are the true storage areas for those precious memories.

Sorry, that was cheesy.

I'm doing well. Life is going good for me. I'm not relying on any man to make me happy, and I think that's what is working best. Next time I "fall for somebody" I don't want to completely dive into their world, and lose mine. That's what happened last time, and that's why I got so sad when it didn't work out the way I had hoped so desperately.

Anyway, I'm off to have a few drinks with the girls. Come on, you know the song...girls do just wanna have fun.

hehe.

5 comments:

  1. I am hoping everything goes ok for you. I just got back from spending a week in San Francisco, Napa Valley, and the Monterey Bay area. At night when we were as far away as Carmel, we could see the orange haze and smell the fires.

    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the girls! I really like your view on life - the perfect way of seeing it. Seems like you learnt from your experiences. I can't count the friends of mine who have not learnt a bit about men from all the cheating a'holes they have been with...
    P.S.: Martin studies architecture here in Vienna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your house was spared... the fires are always so depressing - it's a helpless feeling to watch it all on TV.

    Happy to hear about all the rest too - - feeling similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We actually had an earthquake out here, Ashley, and I never have really felt one in Sacramento. The whole room started shaking, and I thought maybe I put too many quarters in the bed again.

    Here's too one natural disaster and one fire, which may be natural. How did this fire happen?

    ReplyDelete