2.09.2008

Trying Not To Lose It

So I about had a nervous breakdown today.

This whole vertigo and fatigue thing has been affecting my schoolwork greatly--like, I've been missing classes because I've been too tired to make it through the day...and seriously, try studying for Italian when everything around you is spinning.

So my frustration has been building and building...especially when I realized what's due this upcoming week: Monday--a presentation, report and a test, wednesday--a report, thursday--a report, friday--an italian test. This is like the week from hell.

I seriously thought about dropping two of my classes and taking them next semester. Cause honestly, it's been that hard to focus and I've been worried about failing--and I've NEVER failed a class, EVER.

However, I knew this would not go over with my father because 1. I am supposed to graduate this semester and 2. It's taken me 5 years to get to this point instead of the standard 4 (damn you, overcrowded school!).

And I was right, when I told him my plan he was not thrilled. Lots of arguing and tears ensued as I tried to explain my point.

But after I left, that's when I realized where my tears were really coming from:

I am afraid...

of graduating, of failing, of being too sick to function, of losing it, of pulling out my hair, of not being good enough. I'm just afraid.

And I was about to give up without really trying at all. Cause I know it will be hard this week, especially when I can hardly focus. But DAMMIT, I am going to try because I'm stronger than I know. I'm stronger than I give myself credit for.

I'm writing this to let out some frustration and anxiety and stress, so...
ahsuasidjdifjdkjfesirosekrskjgposfkpaefkseofjkskjsepofkose oieropseirosierjawporaowkraporaw!!

k, that feels a little better.

So here's to giving it a shot, even when you're not sure you can pull through. In the end it WILL make me stronger.

Um, I hope.

8 comments:

  1. yeah. life tends to be most hectic at the worst possible times. chin up. it also tends to work itself out.

    this seems to be some kick a** virus. hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. I just got through my midterm exams last week and my brain is still melted from them.

    Also, I graduate next year and I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I want to go to grad school only because I wouldn't have to go out into the real world for a few more years, because the real world scares me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks raindog...yeah I need to start kicking this virus's ass!!!!!!!!!

    SERIOUSLY frank...we're totally on the same plane here. And I'm going crazy. At least I feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to keep my craziness in check by never planning ahead. I never plan anything more than 2 weeks in the future. That way I can focus on the here and now instead of what I'll be doing 6 months, a year, of 5 years from now.

    Also I binge on bacon and chocolate and coffee, because hey, life can't be that bad when you've got those 3 things.

    p.s. you're getting blogrolled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dude just listen to some Kayne West. That guy is freaking full of strongness and arrogance..haha but if you need something, coffee and chocolate motivate me and I know you like them too! I miss you and I am soo sorry you have been so sick and stressed. You were there for me during my most stressful times....president, sorority failing, senior year! ack!
    I love you! I thought of you lots today especially being in Carmel Mountain. Let's hang out next week! Oh, the mexican place in Delmar? if you are feeling better? okay.....heart you!

    <3rach

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never give up. Never surrender. You are an italian-speaking undergrad machine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like you. I'm adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete