3.06.2008

My Heros ♥

OH MY GOD. (by the way, isn't my shirt in the picture the best shirt EVER?)

AMAZING show with the Foo Fighters last night. AMAZING. Man, if anything should be called smashing, it should be that.

Dave Grohl was two feet away from me. I have never been that close to a performer, ever!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I can hardly contain this excitement of mine.

I think I almost cried during Everlong (which started out slow, with just Dave and a guitar, and then was rocked out by the end).

Some highlights:
  • The drummer from the Police performed for one song.
  • Dave Grohl's hilarious jokes, for example, "You guys try playing a gig after the 'Big Me' video came out. How would you like to have fuckin' mentos thrown at your head?"
  • "Best of You" and "All My Life" gave me chills performed live.
  • I've never heard any venue scream that loud. Even at Justin freakin' Timberlake's concert.
  • They played a 2-hour set.That's over 20 songs, biiiiiitches!
I am still reeling from this amazing experience. There is just something about rock concerts that dominate over other concerts. They are cathartic. Any secret pain or heartache is pounded out of you with every drumbeat and strum of the guitar.

I couldn't bring my camera in the venue, so sorry--I don't have pictures of Dave Grohl freakin' 2 feet away from me!! But my friend got some on his camera phone, so maybe I'll post his pictures later.

ANYWAY, I won't go on forever.

I love music.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Foo Fighters. While you were rocking out last night, I was watching TV and eating cupcakes...not a great comparison, if I do say so myself.

    Oh, and I got your friend request on Facebook. I got all excited like a kid on Christmas, except I was in the middle of my computer class and everyone turned to stare at me. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Yay for being facebook friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a kick ass show. i remember being that close to eddie vedder. it makes you feel like you are the sh*t and everyone else is a mile away. and the songs sound so much cooler.

    very cool shirt and excellent use of 'smashing'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great time. I love rock concerts too, but my experiences at smaller venues have always been so much better than the large ones. Either you had great seats or you got VERY lucky!!!

    Idk if you have ever heard of Butch Walker, but he's one of my favorite artists/preformers/lyricists/producers ... he generally comes out into the audience near the end of his show and last April (the saturday before Easter Sunday to be exact) he came directly to the area where I was and all that was between me and Butch was a good foot of air so he could actually move and sing. One of the coolest experiences of my life!

    ReplyDelete