9.23.2008

Why not add one more post?

I'm on a roll today with posting, I guess. haha. So here's one more poem. There's not a title yet, and maybe it needs to be edited. Eh, but here you go:

I refuse, I most ardently refuse
to bow down to this world
a planet full of ventriloquits
that urges me to be the puppet

Still I refuse, I adamantly refuse
to succumb to your constant messages
messaging me, constantly
washing my brain, stripping it of any color
individualism
intelligence
it is proud to carry

Yes, I refuse, I must completely refuse
to be a junkie of your lies
that if maybe I was the perfect size
had those suede designer boots
kept up with dying my roots
just maybe he'd find me cute

I refuse, I really have to refuse
to be abused
when there's so much more to this woman
who only bows down to the real king
who cares not about her looks, her job, her car, her clothes
but cares only
about the depth of her soul

I refuse, with everything inside of me, I refuse
to believe in anything other than the truth.

6 comments:

  1. Have to say, I am digging frequently-posting Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.

    I like all the posts.

    Also, you will find a job eventually. Right now, enjoy the free time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew! so many, lil miss posts a lot. how long has it been since i've been here. chin up ... it'll go your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the misspell on ventriloquits. Accident? Even if it is, it implies a whole lot more that I enjoy.

    You have hyperbatonic language in the final stanza, in other words, languages that speaks backwards ("I care not"). We specifically do this to indicate a change in pace, meaning, rhythm, etc.

    I enjoy it when you write poetry, because it reminds me that I don't write any poetry anymore, and urges me to break out that creative urge.

    And yes, of course, truth is most important to you. That's why we can kick it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool anthony, you're teaching me somethings. haha, the mispell was not intentional. However, I can pretend that it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I L.O.V.E your poem! It's totally from the heart and it says alot about our society in general, not just your experiences and emotions.

    I also enjoyed the hyperbatonic language in the final stanza lol

    ReplyDelete