12.08.2008

Kick Ass Weekend

Things I did this weekend that made me really happy:

1. Went to a christmas festival at Balboa Park (my favorite place in San Diego). All admission to the museums were free (unheard of!), and there was tent after tent of great food from different countries. There are different "houses" in Balboa Park, in what's called the International Village. There was a HOUSE OF TURKEY, which obviously got me really excited. They were cooking kabobs, of course.

2. Lolligagged around Coronado, my second favorite place to go in SD, and showed my friend Bethany around the Hotel Del Coronado (where Some Like it Hot was filmed). I call Coronado "Mayberry" cause it's one of those annoyingly perfect places, a Pleasantville of sorts.

3. Hung out with the latin boy for a short time, and learning to open up my heart a little, and not be so guarded. The Latin boy's name is Christian, by the way. Yes, I'm giving it a chance, even when I often want to run in the opposite direction because opening your heart up again after past heartaches is a process, and sometimes it's easier to throw in the towel. I keep reminding myself that I have nothing to lose, and I need to calm down.

4. Gave advice to two girls about their "boy" situations, and they thanked me for it. Because it's easier to navigate other people's love lifes (even though I have a hard time navigating my own, haha).

5. Picked out a bad ass Christmas tree with my dad.

6. Sat on the beach and read from Mere Christianity, an outstanding book by C.S. Lewis that I will have to write about sometime soon. If you're looking get in the spiritual mood, the beach is a great place for it. Talk about rejuvanation of the soul!

WHAT a great weekend!!! I love weekends like that. I feel refreshed enough to conquer this week and kick some ass. Sometimes life kicks my ass, so I am kicking back.

1 comment:

  1. Stroke 9 - Kick Some Ass

    How many people wanna kick some ass?! ... I DO! I DO!!

    the beach is perfect ... in the SUMMER!!! We Michiganders barely have 3 months to enjoy the beach! Lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete