12.10.2008

My Gut Feeling

Sometimes, we try to fight gut feelings. But it's really funny when you know, deep down, that you can't deny that gut feeling.

When something just isn't quite right, you know it.

Well, I really have been paying attention to that gut instinct recently. (and yes, I think that's how God "talks" to us, through instincts). With thought, and prayer and more thought, I've come to a sound decision.

Sorry if this post is kind of enigmatic. Maybe I feel like being slightly mysterious today. Maybe you can see right through me. That's alright.

Quote from my favorite movie: Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains.

I love that quote, and just to clarify, I don't think my gut has shit for brains. I think my gut has been pretty damn accurate for a long time. So I'll go ahead and go with it.

11 comments:

  1. What in God's name are you talking about??

    I love that quote, by the way.

    More on intuition on another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my gut ever talks about is nachos and bacon. I wonder what that means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anthony--I'm sure I will reveal another day. possibly. haha.

    thomas--high fidelity. One of the only movies I quote from :)

    jay--hahaha. I guess you're a simple kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes it's pretty damn liberating when you can honestly say "I did it b/c I trusted myself".. how many people get that chance? how many have ignored it?

    I saw go with it and have fun while doing so!

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you're talking about - sometimes there's a feeling that means it's either right or it's not, and you just know when it's a case of either. For me right now, though, it's a case of letting things happen as they do and not thinking too hard about them. That's a really satisfactory feeling, knowing that I can just chill and let events unfold before me!

    Thesis parade was pretty insane, but I loved it. I can't wait for the actual Renn Fayre =)

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instincts... notice when we go against them is when things get f'ed up and you ALWAYS say afterward "I should have gone with my first gut instinct"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always listen to my gut. Sometimes it works out, but a lot of times it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, I love High Fidelity....and John Cusack :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. maybe when we listen to our gut and it doesn't "work out"... it's supposed to be a lesson..??? (also a high fidelity fan....)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, you know where i am on this one ha! i'm going to have to agree with rob. although not trusting my gut in any way, shape or form has brought about a certain hyper-analytical doggy, which hasn't worked out to any great advantage.

    ReplyDelete