2.02.2009

5 Reasons...

...why I am happy today:


  • Working with children, there are bound to be girlscouts in the mix, which = girlscout cookies; therefore, I just bought 2 boxes today (Somoas and Tagalongs), and I'm bound to buy more. Is this is a good thing? They are so delicious, I don't care!

  • I went and fed the homeless again on Saturday. Again, it was a great experience (although sometimes it is a scary experience). This is something I think I will continue for a while because, a) It brings me closer to God, b) It makes me appreciate what I have, and c) helping others really gives me the sense that I'm not wasting my life (because I think we all feel that way sometimes).

  • I may go visit the Getty (a HUGE, AMAZING, STUPENDOUS Museum) in L.A. this month. I've never been, and I loooooooooove Museums. Hopefully I can work it out :)

  • Tonight, my church's cafe events start up again, and one of my favorite artists is playing. I LOVE hearing musicians play live! And in an intimite cafe setting, that's the best. His name is Trevor Davis, if you are interested...

  • DAFFODILS ARE IN SEASON!!!! THEY ARE MY FAVORITE FLOWER!!! AND THEY ARE EVERYWHERE...YAAAAAAAY!!! WHY AM I YELLING?!? *Ahem* 'scuse me.

11 comments:

  1. I think Estelle Getty deserves her own museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'd have daffodils if we didn't have, like, 3 feet of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i got suckered into 2 boxes of thin mints and some peanut butter/chocolate type and i rarely eat cookies. but what are you to do when the father 3x my size is standing there with a 'buy my girl's cookies or else' look on his face?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouchie. Headache. No yellin'. ;p

    Samoas. *sigh* SO much to be said about them and their coconutty, chocolatey goodness. I could easily consume an entire box for breakfast.

    I wanna go to the Getty. Art museums make me feel so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to the Getty when I was in LA, and it was AWESOME =)

    And yes, I do look a little nekkid in my profile picture but I swear I'm not! I'm wearing a vest top, but my hair is covering one strap and my arm is covering the other!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mom's daffodils came up today! and i totally want to go to the Getty someday!! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every year I buy a box of both tagalongs and somoas and every year I eat an entire sleeve in one sitting and every year I get sick to my stomach so every year I swear that I won't do it again. Here's to hoping that I follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (again it's not letting me sign in-Rachel) Ashley! I love that you love the morning monster! I was actually thinking of sending it to you when I saw the design. However after making it, him being green and all. I HAD to keep it. But yes, I plan on making you one and sending it to you :) It can be purple! I also have something else little to send you. I will get it to you as an early birthday gift! ahaha

    ReplyDelete