5.18.2009

Four Stars, For Sure

I saw two great movies over this past weekend (both older releases)...I gots to share them with you!

The first one I'm pretty sure the majority of you have seen: Girl, Interrupted. It was a unique, outstanding, brilliant movie. And I always end up loving Winona Ryder. Why is she so great? If I were into chicks, pretty sure she'd be my type.

The second movie I am more stoked about, because I watched it this morning. ha. It's called Run Fatboy Run. If you haven't seen it, you need to. The plot is not necessarily unique; in fact, it's fairly predictable. But that's not a bother. Because the beauty of this movie is in the details. The humor is flawlessly executed. I was crackin' up! And this movie has real heart. I couldn't help but saw "awwwwwww..." during many scenes. And guys, take note, this movie is a unisex film. You'll love it as well. RENT IT!

Besides those two four-star movies, I had a four-star weekend.

On Saturday, I went to little Isaiah's game. He was stoked that I was there, which made me smile. These kids were so small, they hit off the tee and didn't even keep score. Can you say cute? Scratch that, it's freakin' adorable. Wish I could adopt that kid, but I'm pretty sure his parents would miss him.

On Sunday, I went to the Getty Museum in Los Angeles! Fantastico! How can you go wrong with some Monet, Degas, Renoir and Van Gogh? Can you tell I love impressionism? I spent 5 hours at this place. There was tons to see. I also got a kick out of seeing the antique furniture from the 1600-1700s. That stuff is ballin.'

Cutie with the Glasses went too. I'm still trying to figure him out a little. I like spending time with him, but I'm not sure if I can see us together. I won't date someone until it's clear that I should date them. But again, I over-analyze, so I'll just let it alone. When things are right, I'll know.

Anyway, like I said, four-stars. I can't complain. I'll just sit back and eat some popcorn and enjoy the view.

*Forgot to mention: I got that summer camp job. Yay for getting a tan!

9 comments:

  1. I love surrealist paintings, and I do love impressionism.

    I will have to see Run Fatboy, Run.

    Can I just say that you finding Winona Ryder you're type if you were a guy, um, hot? Is that a pig thing to say? Oh well, it's out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh! Everywhere I turn, more chick flicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they aren't chick flicks in the slightest, fool.

    You chose to put yourself through chick-flick torture, dude. So don't go complainin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Run Fatboy Run is already on my Netflix queue! I've been wanting to see it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE girl, interrupted.

    but that makes sense seeing as i'm a little crazy like those girls myself. of course, i'm much more a fan of lisa. she's just so.... out there.

    "No one cares if you die, Lisa, because you're dead already. Your heart is cold. That's why you keep coming back here. You're not free. You need this place to feel alive. It's pathetic. "

    such a great movie. i need to see it again now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RUN FATBOY RUN ... YES! That is a quality flick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that RFR isn't one, but Girl, Interrupted? That's a chick flick in the absolute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And technically YOU helped choose to put me through this torture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. but you SUGGESTED it, and had us vote on it.

    Who's the crazy one here?

    ReplyDelete