6.06.2009

I Eat Raw Meat (just read on)

Man, last night was brutal. I all of a sudden felt deathly ill, and I will not provide details, but I could not hold dinner down.

So today I had a quick training, then lots of naps and rest, to regain some strength. I hate getting randomly sick.

Anyway. This week has been crazy! Highlight of the week: My Homie Jaclyn, my oldest friend, visited. This was refreshing and great to see an old friend. It's funny how no matter how much time passes between when I see her, we are the same old ridiculous girls. Maybe I will post pictures of our time together, but they are ridiculous as well. I told Jaclyn that we act like we are drunk all the time, without ever being drunk. Lord help us if we were to drink together and hang out!

Oh wait, that happened Monday. Monday was her last night here. We ordered these damn raspberry lemonades that were WAY stronger than they let on. That did me in. Not to mention the wine Jaclyn's boyfriend Miguel insisted on having with dinner.

Also, because Miguel's dad is the executive chef of the place, we had some interesting appetizers...like RAW MEAT. I ATE RAW MEAT!!!!!!!! WTF? haha...the actual name for the stuff is carpaccio. Si, รจ italiano! AND IT WAS GOOD. I feel like a cave woman! I also ate fried calamari. Pretty rough texture. Not really my cup of tea, er, I mean...squid.

So yeah...that was the highlight of the week. The wedding is tomorrow!!! Again, I am beyond excited for the wedding (even though the groom will be on crutches...sad face).

6 comments:

  1. i'm not sure that i could do that. nope. pretty sure i couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why did i think you were a vegetarian? but raw meat, nope. not here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you thought that. haha. I love steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe, I knew you would try it out of anyone, Ant. It's Italian, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calamari is delicious. I don't know about the raw meat, though...I suppose I'd be willing to try it...

    ReplyDelete