8.30.2009

An American in Paris

It's 92 degrees in SD today, and I'm sipping on cold guava juice and spraying myself with water to keep cool. (My roommates and I are refusing to turn on the AC to try and save money...TORTURE!).

What's funny is, a few short days ago I was in Ireland and the temperature was a cold 50-something degrees. My body is really confused right now.

Anyway, no time to complain, cause I've got to show some pictures of Paris! Here we go:



In Montmartre. BEAUTIFUL.


Later that night, Colleen and I performed. KIDDING. ha.


Place mat at Amelie's Cafe.


The Lourve.


Solene, the girl we stayed with using CouchSurfing. GREAT experience with her!


Hall of Mirrors at the Chateau de Versailles (owned by Louis XIV, the Sun King)


Simply Gorgeous.


Notre Dame. I went to the service, which was in French, but I said all the Catholic parts I knew in English. tee-hee.


The Life: Sitting at a French Cafe in the afternoon.


One of my favorite spots in Paris: St. Germaine. This is how I imagined the city, in real life form.


Arc De Triomphe


Do I need a caption? This thing was HUGE and we climbed to the first level by stairs. In 90-degree heat. Some Canadian lady behind us was complaining, "I should have quit smoking years ago!" Yep.

This is the view from the apartment we stayed at in Versailles. Charming, isn't it?

I have something like 100 more pictures, but it would take too long to post. Also, I may or may not have french-kissed a french guy there (Colleen's idea!) and there may or may not be photographic evidence...but that picture is not going up here! hehe. I mean...what picture?!

Anyway, I will post my other pics of London and Ireland later this week. Until then, enjoy Paris. I did.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! But I was hoping to see a shot or two of you punching a mime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! wow. that all looks so unreal in comparison. obviously i need to get myself overseas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous.

    Well, I'm jealous of Paris, not the San Diego heat. It's a balmy 72 here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bah. i totally want to go there!! i didn't think i'd wanted to go to paris but it looks SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete