9.03.2009

Tea Time!!

London! The city I've been to at least two times before, but has never gotten old.

This is the city where I got to finally meet a bloggy friend, Jackie. It was great/kinda surreal to meet a blog friend, especially Jax, who is hilarious, upbeat and always down for a good time. She was the best host by far (she bought me CHOCOLATE...that scores major points) and an excellent tour guide. And she has an adorable English accent to boot. Dannnng girl. You got it going on!

Well, enough with the chatter, here are some pictures of our adventure in London:


I like to hold midget-sized matching couples in my hand.


Does this need a caption? Yep, this is the real Abbey Road. I'm Paul.


Sitting on the "tube," doing a girly pose.


London=Gotham City.


Well Hello Big Ben! (and the Parliament Building).


Notting Hill was too cute.


Random shot of the city.


What did I tell you? We definitely had tea time!


Lovely English summer day.


Dancing at an American-inspired club.


Two Blog friends meeting!! And a story to boot (as told by Jackie):

Another adventure on the tube and then there we were, walking on the cobblestones up to Chez Gerard, one of my favourite bars for Long Island Iced Teas. We sat sipping our drinks and chatting for a long while and then, my favourite moment of the night, Ashley insisted on buying me another drink and the conversation with the bartender went as follows:

Me: Could I have the cocktail menu please?...Ooh, I'll have a Strawberry Daiquiri, please!


Ashley: And I'm buying her drink!...But we're not lesbians. But I am paying.


(Bartender cracks up and turns around to get ingredients for my drink)


Me: Great Ashley, now I look like a prostitute!


(Bartender comes back)


Ashley: She's not a prostitute, by the way.


(Bartender bursts into hysterics)


Ashley: ...But we did meet on the internet.


The Bartender :)


Good motto to go by :)

London, I really do love you...

11 comments:

  1. ah, merry olde london. wish i could say i'd been there as well. i have to say this is becoming somewhat torturous. :) looks like fun was had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really cute, Ashley. And your trip looked like fun!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahahaha, now THAT was a great blog post ;)

    I've told you this before, but I'm gonna say it again: I had a fabulous few days hanging out with you, and even though it was totally surreal, plus the fact that every time we told people how we met they gave us weird looks, it was a blast and a half. A repeat adventure is definitely on the cards, lady ;) And you girls are three wonderful guests! So any time you wanna come back, you know how to reach me!

    Jax x

    PS: My parents totally loved you. They kind of wanted you to stay in my place, and send me off to San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that looks like so much fan. And you guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so insanely jealous of your trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha, Jackie, we will indeed meet up again in some exotic location. We'll make it a tradition of sorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tea looks realllly good. No joke; I want tea FROM England, IN England.

    It's funny, but I never say that you look like you're having fun or that I'm glad for you (most of the time, anyways); that's because I'm jealous and spiteful, and want to go. That should tell you how much of a great trip you had.

    I'll change my attitude just as soon as I get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bah, I hate that this is the third time you've been to London, and I haven't even been out of the country before, except to Canada.

    Jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are simply TOO adorable!!

    i'm very jealous of your good time, though. not going to lie. there's a tiny bit of hate in my heart right now. don't worry. it'll go away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE all your pictures!!!!! :/ I miss Europe.

    ReplyDelete