6.28.2010

Day 03 - A picture of your street


I knew this would be the most boring picture out of all of the challenge. I don't live in some cool metropolitan area with fascinating architecture. I live in suburbia...I've pretty much lived in suburbia all my life. Maybe that's why I'm itching to get away...and maybe that's why I chose a sepia tone for the picture. ha. It's also SUPER gloomy today, so everything looks nasty! (and yes, I took this picture in my car--see the reflection?--because I felt slightly crazy taking pictures of a suburb. haha).

Well since I got that ugly pic out of the way, how about I show some more interesting ones from the weekend?

Friday night, I went to the Goo Goo Dolls concert. And herrrrreee's Johnny!

Johnny Rzeznik ^

I get a kick outta 40-year-old stars that still rock their old hairstyles. heh heh. But that is besides the point, because this man sounded AMAZING! "Name," "Slide," and "Iris" were captivating to listen to (and it was nice that we were so close).

The only drawback to the concert was this crazy lady that was standing by us. And when I say crazy, I mean a tiara and a fur wrap-wearing, sippin' on (TOO MUCH) Gin & Juice, CRAZY LADY. What began as an annoyance, became a reason to change spots when she hollered out, "Being depressed sucks!" and," I know you're laughing at me, but I don't care!" When she started yelling at a tall dude in front of us for being...tall, that's when we took the cue to find a new spot.

But I digress, because on Saturday and Sunday...I was in Ensenada, Mexico. Yep, here are some more pictures:



Gotta have the water shot!

Wine-tasting :)

This highly inappropriate banana dude creeped me out!


Watching the U.S. vs. Ghana game. Sad that we lost, but at least we didn't get slaughtered like England and Mexico. Ouch! Especially because I watched that Mexico game in Mexico. Pobrecito!

That was my weekend. Did those pictures make up for my boring shot up above? Hope so!

10 comments:

  1. Um, you were in Mexico???? How fun! I have a soft spot for that country, I'm in love with it.
    And also, I AM SO JEALOUS that you got to see Goo Goo Dolls live, that is amazing. Slide and Iris are epic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! "Slaughtered"? Haha :)

    I love that you captioned the first picture with "I knew this would be the most boring picture out of all of the challenge", lol. It wasn't that bad! The others were lovely though - MEXICO?? Fun fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH, HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE BANANA GUY!!! Both hilarious and so incredibly disturbing... I'm going to have nightmares now, I can tell...

    There's lots more I could comment on but that was the main thing that came to mind!

    Jax x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhh...you went to Mexico?! That's fricken awesome. Sooo jell! Lovely pictures, even the one of suburbia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol the banana guy cracked me up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same way you did when I took the photo of my street. I kept hoping that noone would drive by or come out to check the mail!

    As for the lady at the concert, you should have tried "out obnoxiousing" her. Maybe you could have yelled "PLAY FREEBIRD" after every song...that would have done the trick!

    Glad you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's not so much that banana guys pose that creeps me out as it is the look on his face...

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now, Miss Ashley, we must listen to this song to commemorate the theme of your post!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pH9j8H0B4k&feature=related

    D.

    ReplyDelete