1.27.2011

Favorite Thing Thursday: This is Dedicated to the Zero I Love

If you've read this blog before, you may have heard me mention the number zero here and there. Without knowing where it comes from, you might have thought, "What's with this pesky Zero that Ashley keeps bringing up?"

Well, let me enlighten you...

A Zero is a person. But not just that. It's a state of mind, if you will. Let's call it the Zero factor.
To further explain this thought, let me introduce you to my Zero, the lovely Kendal. She is one of the most unique, crazy, loving, brilliant persons that I am pleased to be aquatinted with. We laugh at weird jokes (that we often produce ourselves), we skip down the street, we sing loudly and badly in public places and we spread the Zero love.

Here's what it takes to have the Zero Factor. Listen closely if you want to join the posse:
  • you must not be afraid to make fun of yourself, in public or otherwise
  • you must always put sincerity in front of popularity
  • you must be able to stretch your mind beyond the box and past societal standards (Zeros were never made for square-shaped openings, anyway)
  • "WHY?" is the most frequently asked question from a Zero
  • you must have a love for all humanity; furthermore, Zeros have an insatiable zeal for life
  • you must take each day and every situation with a smile
  • you must love the art of cooking (and eating) food
  • you must be a TRAVEL ADDICT
Frankly, there are not many people that I love and respect as much as my Zero. With her heart of pure gold and her true carpe diem outlook, she is one of the most original beings to walk this here earth, making it easy for me to call her a favorite thing

Really old pic!!! We look like babies here! This was over 5 years ago ;)

I'm writing this post because she left today (for San Jose) and she will be gravely missed. Goodbyes are the hardest thing in life...I'm truly learning that. However, I'll use that quote we've heard so many times before: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

Zero, as one of my soul mates, I am so very overjoyed that you happened to me.

And in true Zero fashion, I'll close with some off-key singing:






"Why dance with a hero when you can dance with a Zero?" --Earth Girls Are Easy

3 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post for your friend! I'm sorry she's moving away but so glad you were able to befriend her, as she sounds like a pretty awesome person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww this is great. I wanna be a zero! That video of you guys singing is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice things to write about your "zero". I love the vid, too - bad singing, cute outfits, great fun!

    D.

    ReplyDelete