2.15.2011

The Most Exciting Blogiversary

SIX years ago today I started this blog. That's a long. ass. time. ago.

Here is (one of) the first blog posts that I wrote (because I wrote multiple posts that day from being overly excited to have a blog):

Well, I'm sitting here listening to "All I Want for Christmas is You." Seeing as Christmas is quite a ways away, I've decided that, nope, I'm not being very productive.

I don't know when I'll ever get really serious about school. It's not that I don't try hard or even that I don't care, it's just that I feel too young to get serious about a career. So, here I am, halfway through college, not knowing where I wanna go in life. But what do they want from me? I'm only 19 years old!!! Not 30, not experienced in any other field besides being a cashier, not completely mature and NOT READY TO PICK WHAT I WANT TO DO FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!

I know that that's a little drastic considering at any point in my life I can switch my career to whatever I want. It's not like my decision now will be set in stone or burnt into my arm (just say no to branding!). I just don't like being so undecided and uncertain about something so important. It's like losing all control. No human being can stand that.

The problem is that i'm WAY too over-analytical. I need to just slap my hand and stop it and take a breath and sit back and relaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax. whew! I guess we never know what tomorrow will bring, and it scares me to the very bone. But in a way, it also makes things exciting. Life is a bitch sometimes.


That was me at 19. hehe. It's funny how I touched on topics that I would still be yammering about today. I guess the conclusion I've come to now is that it's ok to lose some control and be a bit undecided. And despite those things, you should still go for exactly what you want :) That's what makes this upcoming "Blog Year" the potentially most exciting year. Living in a different country will make for the most unique posts this little blog has ever seen.

Looks like I will REALLY be living up to my domain name. Little turkish girl heads to Turkey...weee!

12 comments:

  1. Well, Happy Blogiversary!

    Is Love Actually that old already? I'm assuming that's what sparked the song listening. More likely, it's just me that associates that song with only that movie and not Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blog and shit! I am so glad that your joy of life has not changed since you were 19. It shows you have regard for your character. Lots of integrity and humility in both this post and your reflection on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations. And when do you leave?

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty unbelievable. It's also pretty unbelievable how long that makes us friends. If you started this blog six years ago, that was not long before we met. I kinda like that I got to be there for so much of your personal growth. It makes me feel special. Maybe that's why I'm your "Special Friend!" Haha!! Proud of you, Ashey Jay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all :)

    D--I leave March 9th

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HOPE YOU HAVE INTERNET OVER THERE!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps sorry for screaming at you

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha...yes, I will have the internet over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why are you leaving?? I'm just lazy and don't want to find that post lol...

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm leaving to go teach english in Turkey for a year...I have to get a job first though! So it will be a trial month in where I need to get a job :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, it sounds like things are remarkably similar, though I'm pretty sure a diary entry of mine from six years ago would have quite a few parallels too (I don't know what I want to do with my life, I miss my boyfriend, I'm broke... man life is annoyingly constant)! ; )

    Six years is a long time. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete