11.22.2011

Gettin' Schooled

Yesterday morning, I felt sort of blah. I rolled out of bed and stepped into the typical routine. After haphazardly dabbing on a bit of blush, I shuffled out of the door. Another robotic day...

And then I remembered, "Today is the first day of school!" Surely, a eureka moment.

I logged into my Master's course (I'm forced to take it online, unfortunately). I saw that I had assignments due, readings, discussion topics and a quiz at the end of the week.

With a knowing smile I realized I didn't need artificial blush that morning--the color returned to my cheeks naturally. I was back in my element.


I may complain in the coming months about assignments, but it's only a lapse in judgment. Pay no attention to any whinging as it is simply human error. For I am happiest when I am at the threshold of knowledge, the hungriest of subjects at the king's dinner table of learning.

(Excuse the cheese factor, but I am truly excited about school).

I'm ready. It's been too long.

“When evening comes, I return home and go into my study. On the threshold I strip off my muddy, sweaty, workday clothes, and put on the robes of court and palace, and in this graver dress I enter the antique courts of the ancients and am welcomed by them, and there I taste the food that alone is mine, and for which I was born. And there I make bold to speak to them and ask the motives of their actions, and they, in their humanity, reply to me. And for the space of four hours I forget the world, remember no vexation, fear poverty no more, tremble no more at death: I pass indeed into their world.”


--Machiavelli

1 comment:

  1. that's how i feel about school, i love it so much!

    ReplyDelete