2.13.2013

Arrested Development, A Review

This may be the one of the most inappropriate shows ever to air on TV. And I love. every. bit. of it.

Where do I start? WHERE DO I START?!? Should I even try and explain the premise?

source

The main character is Michael Bluth, the one sane mind admist the nuttiest of families. Michael's dad, Michael Sr., is arrested on felony charges and the company is in trouble. Of course, Michael has to step up to the plate to keep both the company and his crazy family together. I'm not sure I can describe much more of the plot because it's so insane, I wouldn't be able to fit it all in a succinct post.

source


I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a show.

The script...brilliant! The cast...EVEN MORE BRILLIANT. My three favorite characters include: Gob (and his epic magic acts), George Michael (who is in love with his cousin and is awkwardly adorable) and Franklin (the hilarious, racist puppet). Ok, so I didn't care for Charlize Theron's character Rita in the third season, as she lacks the "pizazz" the rest of the cast inherently has. But every show needs at least one screw-up. Besides this, Arrested Development is...dare I say? Perfect.

It's difficult to put into words how magically unique and quirky Arrested Development is. My only advice is, DEAR GOD, PLEASE WATCH IT! If you don't, Buster is going to come after you with his claw. HE'S A MONSTERRRRR!

Lucky for all of us, we haven't seen the end of AD. It's coming back by popular demand, viewable on Netflix. And I hear there is a movie in the works? Annyong! I'm ready to see what Lucille has up her sleeve...

Did you watch AD? Who was your favorite character?!?


***

Other TV Show Reviews:
Felicity
LOST
Ally McBeal

17 comments:

  1. Oooooooh yeah! A couple of weeks back we started re-watching this from the beginning. It never loses it's brilliance. Three seasons was a crime. So, thank you Netflix. I hope it lives up. For favorite character, I have to go with a couple: Lindsay Bluth Funke and Tobias Funke. Those two crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always loved Tobias (literally) gay comments. The best! And I LOVED the family band they put together. ha!

      Delete
  2. YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS. STEVE HOLT!
    I love this show so so so much.
    Cory and I are getting Netflix again JUST for the fourth season. it's going to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you were a fan, Briss. Steve Holt! haha...

      Delete
  3. I didn't, but I'm going to now. I'll report back!

    Engrossed in New Girl at the moment. Love Zooey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. t, you'll love this show. And New Girl is also one of the best EVERRRRRRRR.

      Delete
  4. Heyyyyy brother! This is my favorite show tied with 30 rock. I'm SO stoked for it to come back. I have a hard time deiciding who is my favorite. I love lucille and Gob. I love the episode when she thinks the medicine is saying don't take with alcohol *WINK* hahhahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds like you're a Buster fan as well ;)

      Delete
  5. I've never seen this show but have heard so many great things about it. I really need to watch the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boyfriend back in 2005 was OBSESSED by this show. I love it too, and I like rewatching it with my sister sometimes, but man, he was OBSESSED. Could quote every episode... then his dream came true: during the Olympics in Vancouver a few years ago, he ran in Gob on the street. Best profile picture ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I might be one of 10 people on the planet who hasn't watched this show! What is wrong with me?!?
    I did see that new episodes are coming on Netflix. Maybe I need to finally get my buns in gear and get on board!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will have to check it out. All the "right people" have raved about this show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This show has been on my list to check out forever, I have a feeling once I stop I won't be able to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bob looooooves this show. He was really upset when it got cancelled. I've never seen it, but I think I'm going to watch it soon. I hear they might be coming out with a movie soon...not too sure if that's actually happening though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buster has always been my favorite, though Jason Bateman ties pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this show! They have a 4th season coming out on netflix this summer! I CAN'T wait! A lot of the actors of this show voice Archer (total crude crude crude) cartoon...but it has grown on me just because it is as random and weird!

    ReplyDelete