8.12.2013

I swear I watch Orange is the New Black for legitimate reasons, too.

Because my brain is turning into mush from finishing up my dissertation, and because I have the personality of a teen with a more experienced/wiser mind (which really just means that I still get girl crushes but also enjoy reading books on philosophy), I give you this fluff post that has no other intention but to lighten the mood.

I've (rather quickly) finished the first season of Orange is the New Black. While I can go on for hours about how the show is provocative, witty, addictive and gritty (yes to all), I'm not going to. I'd rather you tell you about Officer John Bennet and how his smile makes me melt (and here teen Ashley makes her appearance).

***
I might be too old to get girl crushes on TV characters, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one finding themselves attracted to the slightly awkward, adorable mix that is Officer Bennet (it's the best mix, right?). And it's the best kind of relationship to have right now, as I am too busy job-hunting and and finishing up schoolwork to go on an actual date with anyone. It's like I'm 14 again, and I don't care!

So bring it on, Bennet. And please keep smiling that adorb smile that makes all the girls go a little weak. It might be the *only thing* keeping me kind of sane right now.

***


Oh, and readers, don't judge me. 

11 comments:

  1. I don't necessarily agree...but I've been meaning to watch this show anyway. Can you recommend other parts of Orange is the New black?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just gotta watch the first episode and decide for yourself. The show isn't for everyone, but I think it's well done. They really do a good job of showing the inmates tales of how they got into prison. The stories are tied together well and the acting is superb. But when I say it's provocative, it REALLY REALLY is!

      Delete
    2. Sounds like an interesting show for sure! I will have to check it out. I find it interesting how Netflix is getting all these exclusive shows... and I hear they are all generally well rated! Great blog by the way, it has been quite a while (over a year or so) since I last checked it, glad to see it's been better maintained then mine had been.

      Delete
    3. ha, thanks! I definitely had to document my year abroad.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same feelings about him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having other addicts so I don't feel so crazy. I think we have the feelings about the show!

      Delete
  3. My generationally inappropriate feelings about Zooey Deschanel totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how we can can support each other in this endeavor.

      Delete
  4. I think you know just how I feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that show. i was obsessed with it and even had dreams i was there. no one would give me change for the snack machine! horror!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last night (or should I say this morning?), Bob came to bed at 4:45am because he was so into watching this show. I'm going to jump on this bandwagon soon and see what all the fuss is about!

    ReplyDelete