10.15.2013

Perfectly Acceptable Ashley

It's really very acceptable to:

  • to drink my coffee out of pretty little porcelain cups because it makes the coffee taste better (truth). 

  • to be a wee bit obsessed with HGTV in an insane way. I drop everything when House Hunters International is on, which either helps or worsens my travel bug (not sure which one). And I just looooove when Design on a Dime redecorates rooms with chevron pillows and fake antique furniture. 

  • to be the worst hard-boiled egg peeler in the world. How do people make beautiful deviled eggs when mine turn out so...tortured??

  • to force people to call you Master because you've officially received a Master's. What? This should only go on for another week or so...or something like that.  

16 comments:

  1. why didn't i ever make anyone call me master :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if this is true but I've heard the older the egg the easier it is to peel the shell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried that :( I'm just not talented at being a housewife.

      Delete
    2. True about the older eggs - most of the ones in the store are old (!), so that's probably not the issue. Are you rinsing them under cool water after they're done boiling? If not, they'll stick.

      D.

      Delete
    3. yes I am...maybe I am just inept. Or just impatient. haha...yeah, probably that one!!

      Delete
  3. Hard-boiled egg trick: roll it forwards and back on a table a few times before you crack it to peel it. Works like a charm! :) I eat a hard-boiled egg for breakfast every day. My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo...I will have to try that one!! Thanks ;)

      Delete
  4. Master, I love your coffee cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Master, I see you already got some egg-tips, but I have to share mine too! If the eggs are room temperature before boiling, then they should be easier to peel. If they are straight from the fridge, it's harder to peel them after boiling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a Chris Rock special, what you my Master now? I'm a bit obsessed with House Hunters International as well. I need to go work on that international house like ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its not important how you peel eggs or the type of cups in which you serve coffee. What's important is whether you wear pearls, an apron, and heels when you do it. "Gee Mrs. Cleaver, your hair looks real pretty today!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally stealing your Master idea, Master.

    ReplyDelete
  9. peel your egg with a small spoon... crack the shell fist & get the spoon in under it (bottom of the spoon facing you ) then just kinda rub it around the egg & the shell will come off :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got your masters then? That's so exciting.!! I'll call you master Ashley from now on. We are obsessed with hgtv too. OUr favorite is love it or list it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i can't peel hard-boiled eggs so they always look like someone actually picked on them....then again, who cares...they'll be eaten soon enough. :)

    ReplyDelete