2.24.2005

Silencio!

I neeeeeeeeeeed quiet....sometimes I just want to tell the world to shut up. The traffic, the little "happy" birds, the talking, the clutter, the noise, this incessant typing on the keyboard...I just want to stand still in time right now. Why are there only 24 hours in a day? I know there is some logical response to this question, but logic is not always the answer to every question. Can't we make it 32 hours or something?

I just need some time for myself! I need time to just sit around and do NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. What's ironic right now is that I'm listening to Simon and Garfunkle's "The Sound of Silence." Please mr. paul simon, tell me where this silence can be found?

The world moves much too fast for me. I neeeeeeeeeeeed a break to just think.

Ok, one good thing did happen today. I declared my major (finally). But today I'm just a bit irritated. Irritated to where I want to throw things, big heavy things that will make a big sound when hitting the wall. Ohhh....like a glass vase filled with water and marbles. I always wanted to throw one of those.

Yes, I realize I sound INSANE right now!!!!! You are right Mr. Jagger, I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, by the way my newly declared major is journalism. Now I just have to pick a minor (possibly poli sci?). Shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment