4.17.2005

A Deep Sunday Night

Looking past the stars and black night-time clouds, I had a humanly moment and wondered a bit about God. What exactly does He want from me? It's a weird thought to know that someone knows my next move in life before I do...it would be easier to have answers revealed, but not as beneficial, of course.

I have friends that don't believe in God. I don't think I could ever understand this. I know I was raised in church, and there are plenty of arguments as to why God doesn't exist. But the reassurance that moves my beliefs cannot be backed by scientific reasoning. Just like love cannot be backed by science.

There are just things in life that science can't give answers to. Like, why did my mom have two miscarriages before me, what makes me the lucky one? And how can someone believe that when we die that's just it? An example as to why I cannot believe this one is found in my grandmother. She was a woman filled with such exuberance, love and energy, I refuse to believe that all the energy just disappeared. I don't believe life like that cannot just vanish like it was never there. To me, when that energy leaves the body, it has to go somewhere.

So, there are my random ramblings on God. I don't believe that religion is something that can be explained through numbers or equations...it goes deeper than the letters or numbers a pencil can create (or this keyboard). It's a belief that rooted in the ground of the oldest, wisest trees and the deepest soil. Something I cannot explain or even completely comprehend. It is something only that God knows and something I will know only when I die...

No comments:

Post a Comment