4.11.2005

How can you mend a broken heart?

Okay, okay. So my heart's not broken. But my computer is. That's basically the same thing. And okay, okay. My computer's not exactly broken, but my internet is. THE travesty! I just might cry right here.

It's really kind of sad how reliant I've become on the internet. I don't even think reliant is the right word. I don't actually need it. But, when you take it away, a part of me feels like it isn't functioning. Man, whatever happened to going outside to play a game of basketball? Now we insist on playing virtual basketball inside on our computers (and gambling, and word cross puzzles and any other thing your little mind could imagine).

How have I become so obsessed with the facebook and myspace? How is it that I've justified spending my free time inside on the internet when we're living in sunny-all-the-time San Diego? It's snowing in Colorado...did you know? They have a justified reason for staying inside. Me? Not so much.

Maybe my computer breaking is divine intervention. Maybe God is vicariously slapping me in the face through my broken computer to tell me that I have greater, better things to do. Maybe I'm just going absolutely insane because my internet is broken...hahaha, it's most likely the last one.
(and if you're wondering, I'm using the computer at my parents house)

So what shall I do today? Maybe read a book. WOW. Now that's one to write down in the record book.

1 comment:

  1. aw, i love that song, "how can you mend a broken heart" :)

    i ditched comm today so hopefully i'll see you and krissy on wed. have a good day!

    jackie

    ReplyDelete