5.31.2005

Ebert and Roepert and Ashley (the best critics)

Last night I was watching the news and they said that the amount of people going to movies has declined from last year. It was funny to see them search through all these reasons: the movies are getting bad, people just buy dvds now, etc. Maybe I was the only one to think this, but they left out the most important reason (those dumbasses)--THE PRICE!

Insolent fools! hehehe, no just kidding. But really, the price is a huge factor. I spent $9, count em, $9 the other day to go see Star Wars. I've heard recently that they're going to raise it to $10. Maybe this is just the crazy price in California, but I definitely don't go see random movies anymore...they have to be referred to me by a friend or they have to have some hot actor in them (haha, come on...you like the hot actors too!).

I just had to bring this factor up to attention, since the TV reporters missed it...idiots!

Anyway, I shouldn't complain too much, because often times I go to the military base and watch movies for free there. They said that they might start charging a dollar soon ( like that will put a BIG dent in my pocket).

I just don't want movie theaters to go away (the news brought up this point). There's something magical about the atmosphere there that you can never duplicate--right down to the crying baby 2 rows ahead of you. That's why we love movie theaters, we love everything about them.

And where else would I see Hayden Christensen's face 20 feet high? Just a dvd wouldn't suffice. So please, guys, stop raising the prices and keep the movie theaters around. You'll surely see a change in attendance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,
    Just wanted to let you know that I've been checking your blog for a little over a week now and just thought I'd tell you that I find your posts very interesting and entertaining to read. --- Guess that's obvious if I keep coming back to see what you've posted! haha You were so on target with the blue/pink thing -- the pressures of society and what society dictates as "normal" always amuses me. As for the movie thing - totally agree with that one too - the prices are ridiculous. It is higher in Cali than on the southeastern coast (SC to be exact) - it was like $8 last time I went to the movies. And what's pathetic is that I don't even remember what movie it was that I saw. Well - just wanted to tell ya how much I enjoy reading your posts..... ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. right on ashley! because really, we all need a refreshing 20 ft high Hayden Christensen every once in a while. And since most of us will never get to see the real thing, we might as well be content with a giant, wonderfully made up version;)

    ReplyDelete